Sec. 4. Duties and Functions of the Resident EO, AEO and VRM Operator. - The following are the duties and functions of the EO, AEO and VRM Operator:
A. Resident Election Officer:
- Entertains applications for registration of Barangay where the OEO is located and transfer of registration records from non-ARMM areas;
- Exercises over-all administrative supervision of the RCs within his jurisdiction; and
- Provides logistical assistance to the AEOs and VRM Operators.
- Performs such other functions provided under these Rules or as may be directed by the Commission thru the CIC.
B. Augmentation Election Officer:
- Performs the duties and functions of the EO as herein provided;
- Administers oaths;
- Addresses concerns/issues in his place of assignment and reports all incidents and problems encountered during the registration to the EO or the monitoring team;
- Submits to the EO the compiled accomplished application forms and back-up files; and
- Performs such other registration related functions as may be directed by the Commission or the CIC or the Monitoring Team Leader.
C. VRM Operator:
- Performs the duties and functions as herein provided; and
- Makes daily back-up and compile all the accomplished applications for registration.
Sec. 5. Date, time and venue of filing, hearing and approval/disapproval of application for registration and transfer of registration record. - Application for registration shall be personally filed at the OEO or in the designated RC in the city/municipality, from 8:00 o'clock a.m. to 5:00 o'clock p.m., and heard by the Election Registration Board (ERB) in accordance with the following schedule:
Application for transfer of registraton record from non-ARMM to any city/ municipality of ARMM shall be personally filed at the OEO only. No application for transfer of registration record from non-ARMM shall be entertained by the AEO/interviewer at the RC. Should an applicant for transfer appear before the AEO/interviewer, he shall be advised to proceed to the OEO to file said application.
In no case shall registration be conducted without the use of VRM in the event the VRM malfunctions or any of the peripherals becomes defective, registration shall be suspended until such time that the same is repaired or replaced.
Sec. 6. Persons allowed inside the RC. - Only the following persons shall be allowed inside the polling place:
a) EO/AEO and VRM Operators;
b) Applicants; and
c) Other persons who may be specifically authorized by the Commission.Sec. 7. Persons not allowed to enter the RC. - Unless specifically authorized by the Commission, it is unlawful for the following to enter any RC or stay within a radius of ten (10) meters, thereof:
a) Any officer or member of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) or the Philippine National Police (PNP);
b) Any peace officer or any armed person belonging to any extra-legal police agency, special forces, reaction forces, strike forces, Civilian Armed Force Geographical Units (CAFGU), barangay tanods or other similar forces or para-military forces, including special forces, security guards, special policemen;
c) All other kinds of armed or unarmed extra-legal police forces; and
d) Any barangay official, whether elected or appointed.However, the EO/AEO may, if it deems necessary, order the detail of a policeman or any peace officer for his protection or for the protection of the registration documents and paraphernalia. Said policeman or peace officer shall stay outside the RC near enough to be easily called by the EO/AEO at anytime. In no case shall the said policeman or peace officer hold any conversation with any applicant or disturb or prevent or in any manner obstruct the free access of the applicants to the RC.
Sec. 8. Who may register. - Any Filipino citizen residing in the cities/municipalities of ARMM may register as a voter, provided that he/she is:
a) At least eighteen (18) years of age on or before May 13, 2013 Elections;
b) A resident of the Philippines for at least one (1) year and in the place wherein he proposes to vote, for at least six (6) months immediately preceding the May 13, 2013 Elections; and
c) Not otherwise disqualified by law.Sec. 9. Who are disqualified to register. - The following are disqualified from registering as a voter:
- Any person who has been sentenced by final judgment to suffer imprisonment for not less than one (1) year, such disability not having been removed by plenary pardon or amnesty;
- Any person who has been adjudged by final judgment by a competent court or tribunal of having committed any crime involving disloyalty to the duly-constituted government, such as, rebellion, insurrection, violation of the firearms laws, or any crime against national security, unless restored to his full civil and political rights in accordance with law; and
- Insane or incompetent person as declared by competent authority, unless subsequently declared by proper authority that such person is no longer insane or incompetent.
Any person disqualified to register under paragraphs (1) and (2) above shall automatically reacquire the right to vote upon expiration of five (5) years after service of sentence.
Previous | Next